Monday, March 12, 2007

doubt

I'm starting to get cold feet about the dog.

Fear of commitment? yes!
Worried about the increased financial expense? yes!
I'm a control freak? yes!
I just made the LARGEST purchase of my life and I'm putting a lot of money into it to make it nice and I don't want it to get ruined? yes!
In the words of The Duke, (from Moulin Rouge) with a slight adaptation, "I just don't like other people (hurting) my things!" yes!
Set in my ways? kinda =)

And now as a result of all these personal confessions, you probably all think it's even MORE important for me to be broken of these things by getting a dog. (so I can get over these things before I have kids?-- something like that) I see the logic, but right now I'm seeing more drawbacks to getting a dog than advantages. I just want to be wise and not make a decision that I'm going to regret.

And now I'm hearing whisperings of, "have the best decisions you've made in your life always been logical?" Not totally. "and isn't there something about intrinsic value that out weights extrinsic?" yes.

Any more thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home