Monday, June 04, 2007

inspired!

Wow! What a big week and equally big or bigger weekend!
First of all the Lord prompted me to really step out during the week, for his glory! I never could of done it and never would of thought of it without him. But he's all about reconciliation and I am very motivated to be obediant these days. So I called Doug (ex from 2000-01) up and invited him and his wife over for dinner(they just happen to live here in town) with the youth pastors of our church. And then on Friday I got my neighbor's mail. So I went an introduced myself and now their young sons are going to be mowing my lawn regularly. We had a great time talking and getting to know each other over the course of two days and 5 plus hours it took to mow my overgrown lawn. I most look forward to continuing to speak life into their young 12 yr. oldish sons.
And then my parents came for 24hrs of total yard overhall. We finished Zoe's dog run, pulled TONS of weeds, edged the lawn, and planted tons of new plants in the front and side. Dad also went running with me at 6:15am and installed a new bathroom sink and vanity for me upstairs. Oh yeah, and we went to the dump ;). It all looks great. I'll post pictures soon. It was sooooo hot I got pretty sunburned! (ie. 105 plus degrees)
THen Sunday at church was great! It's always so hard for me to leave.
Then the rest of the day I had to talk myself into just sitting around a giant tub of rainbow sherbet and watching THe Sound of Music, because it was soooo hot. I turned on my AC for the first time and will now have to seal up the house to make it more efficiant. My mom suggested I buy a kiddy-pool for the back yard to sit in. I had to drench myself with water before I went to bed, to make it through the night (even though I was sleeping on the first floor). I haven't even attempted sleeping on the second floor for the last two nights. It's miserable up there!
So now that it only in the low 80's today, it practically feels cold! ;)

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Mrs. D_Long said...

Oh! I forgot to mention why I titled this inspired.....I'm going to start sewing again!!!! It just came to me today. With no roommates I don't have money for clothes, so I'm going to have to start making them. =) I started to get really excited about it today at work. It's been a year since I sewed one thing and almost two years since I've done anything significant. I'll say it again-- I'm EXCITED!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home